|Date Posted||June 30, 2021|
About the Role
- We are looking for a passionate, self-driven and experienced Financial Controller to join our team
- She/he will undertake all aspects of financial management, including corporate accounting, regulatory and financial reporting, budget and forecasts preparation, as well as development of internal control policies and procedures.
- The Financial Controller responsibilities will also include financial risk management, planning, organizing, developing and controlling all activities of the Finance and Accounts Department in order to ensure that all the required financial output is delivered in the most effective and efficient way.
- Supports and provide input to overall Finance strategy
- Translates the company's Finance strategy into beneficial and acceptable policies and procedures
- Proposes and, after approval, ensures adequate resource planning (money, people, space) and utilization.
- Ensures delivery of professional day-to-day services in the Finance field in line with guidelines.
- Manages the team and the people of the Accounts Department.
- Liaison with Operations/Warehouse/QA, Logistics and other support areas to improve on reporting processes and data integrity related to the Operations ERP system (Agromex).
- Ensures that the managed activities in the department comply with internal rules and statutory requirements. Participates in ongoing continuous improvement and finance related projects to ensure best practices.
- Assists in coordinating and preparation for all finance related statutory/regulatory and tax audits.
- Interprets conditions of services to and handles welfare problems of immediate subordinates in consultation with the Human Resources Department.
- Identifies the training needs of immediate subordinates and organizes or recommends training for them.
- Prepares financial statements, business plans, financial forecasts for management decision-making.
- Prepares and manages the company's cash flow.
- Coordinates the preparation of monthly WHT, VAT and other taxes, returns and ensuring timely remittance of same.
Required Academic and Technical Qualifications
- Must be a Professionally Qualified Accountant and/or hold MBA (Finance) Degree from a reputable University.
- Outstanding knowledge of accounting principles and procedures
- Good understanding of accounting software (ERP SAGE)
- A minimum of 5 years post qualification hands-on relevant working experience, 3 years of which must have been in a middle level management position.
- Must be computer literate
Additional Considerations or Comments:
- Very hands on
- Ability to work in/manage a team
- Qualified Females are encouraged to apply.
- Big on integrity
- Ability to work in a matrix environment