|Date Posted||May 11, 2022|
- As a member of Zipline’s Flight Operations team in Bayelsa State, Nigeria, you’ll be responsible for ensuring that the delivery of medical products to health facilities is done in a safe and timely manner.
- This will involve working with a team of flight operators to conduct regular pre-flight inspections, launching, and recovery of the drones (aircraft).
- You’ll be trained to conduct regular maintenance of the drones and other equipment at our site to support ongoing operations.
- You will be expected to contribute to the continuous improvement of our daily operations and processes to support the growth of our operations as we scale.
What You’ll Do
- Launch and Recovery: You will be responsible for the safe assembly of drones in preparation for 150+ flights, perform critical checks, communicate with Zipline controllers in readiness for flight, launch and disassemble drones on return to the Distribution Center.
- Maintenance of drones and ground equipment: You will be responsible for performing corrective and preventive maintenance: scheduled or unscheduled on Zipline’s Aircraft and Ground Equipment. The maintenance includes but is not limited to Aircraft body maintenance, aircraft wing maintenance, etc.
- Troubleshooting: You will be required to follow troubleshooting guidelines for the drones and ground equipment and collaborate with locally-based and USA-based engineering teams to troubleshoot and optimize issues.
- Projects: You may be involved in short-term and long-term projects that involve collaboration across functional teams in efforts to scale drone deliveries to 150+ and improve operational efficiency.
What You’ll Bring :
- National Diploma or HND / Degree in Mechanical / Electrical / Electronics / Aerospace Engineering
- You enjoy working in the field and are not afraid to get your hands dirty
- Ability to stay focused, humble, and safety-conscious during 12 hour shifts
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and enjoy work that keeps you on your feet
- Ability to maintain focus during extended daily flight operations
- Comfortable troubleshooting mechanical and electrical issues with complex, battery-operated machinery
- Extremely process & detail-oriented
- Full professional proficiency in spoken and written English
- Must be eligible to work in Nigeria
What else you need to know:
- Must be willing and able to work night/weekends on shifts
- Must be willing and able to work for a period not more than 45 hours/week
- This is a full-time position based in a town in Bayelsa State and will require relocation
- Women are encouraged to apply, as we believe a balanced team is critical for success
- Must be able to travel to Ghana for at least 3 months for Zipline Academy training program
- Must have completed NYSC and hold a certificate of completion or exemption