|Date Posted||December 26, 2022|
- Manage the physical security of the respective plant’s facilities, assets, installations, and personnel in the assigned location
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop work schedules for Security Officers in assigned plant in line with the approved security plan and program.
- Conduct a physical inspection/ review of the plant to identify potential security incidences.
- Ensure the plant’s facilities, assets, installations, and personnel are secure in compliance with approved security policies and procedures.
- Respond to security requests/ emergency situations and take adequate steps to resolve security issues.
- Oversee and direct the activities of Security Officers to ensure adherence to the defined work schedule.
- Participate in relevant programs at the designated plant to nurture a security-conscious culture among employees.
- Mobilize Security Officers to carry out detailed investigations of security incidents.
- Deal with reports of suspicious or potential risk observations, and escalate to the Plant Director where necessary.
- Coordinate the provision of first-level fire-fighting support in the incidence of fire breakout at the plant.
- Ensure all security occurrences are properly documented and records maintained and reported.
- Provide timely information to the Plant Director for the development and dissemination of security and incident reports.
- Provide justification for the unit’s operating expenses and obtain the required approval.
- Submit periodic activity reports to the Plant Director.
- Liaises with other security agencies to ensure effective support to the company’s operations.
- Articulates the training and logistics needs for the security Department’s optimal functions.
- Forges strong and firm connections between departments by reducing friction.
- Bachelor’s Degree in relevant field
- Rank of Brigadier General in the Army or equivalent
- 20 years experience in industrial security/Government Intelligence Agencies/Armed Forces.
Skills and Competencies:
- Basic understanding of trends, challenges, opportunities, regulations, and legislation relating to the cement manufacturing industry.
- A sound understanding of DCP’s security requirements and ability to deploy best-fit systems.
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of security systems and law enforcement practices.
- Sound knowledge of physical and security risk management approaches
- Ability to think strategically and holistically
- Very good problem-solving skills.
- Excellent leadership and people management skills.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Good interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated ability to pay adequate attention to detail
- Private Health Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Training & Development