|Date Posted||January 1, 2023|
- We are looking for an iOS Developer who possesses a passion for pushing mobile technologies to the limits and will work with our team of talented engineers to design and build the next generation of our mobile applications.
- Whenever you see a map on a Mevron product or search for a place, it is powered by our mobile development team.
- The team works on the experiences that Mevron products use to convey the physical world in a screenful of pixels. We are responsible for ensuring that we have oriented the riders, drivers, suppliers, and anyone else on the Mevron systems to where they are in the physical world, how to rendezvous with each other, and how to get to their destination.
- On the mobile team, we build the user experience for Maps including the selection of pickup and dropoff points, the frameworks that display maps, show markers and icons on a map, and the systems that understand the user location to determine if everything for a pickup or drop off is going well so that we can reassure the users throughout their journey.
- The iOS Developer will be based in Ibadan, Nigeria, and work from our Regional Office in Ibadan.
- As an iOS Developer at Mevron, you'll have a direct impact on the customer experience for riders, drivers, trikers, bikers, eaters, restaurant and business owners, and cities alike.
- Build the user experience for Maps including the selection of pickup and dropoff points, the frameworks that display maps, show markers and icons on a map, and the systems that understand the user location to determine if everything for a pickup or drop-off is going well so that we can reassure the users throughout their journey.
- Deliver groundbreaking experiences that help simplify the lives of our diverse customer base on a global scale.
- As an iOS Developer, you’ll design, build, and maintain microservices mobile application modules for Mevrons Rider, Driver, and Supplier apps impacting tens of millions of daily users.
- You will have a direct influence on the experience across all our products and help create the SDKs and frameworks that will be used by all Mevron application use cases that require user interaction with a map or a place.
- You will work with some of the world's most experienced mapping and search professionals, data scientists, software engineers, and research scientists on a very user-facing product. This is your chance to develop cutting-edge technology that will make a huge impact on the efficiency of every Mevron trip and delivery!
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to define, design, and ship new features.
- Unit-test code for robustness, including edge cases, usability, and general reliability.
- Work on bug fixing and improving application performance.
- Continuously discover, evaluate, and implement new technologies to maximize development efficiency.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related technical field or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience writing mobile applications for the iOS ecosystem (Swift/Objective-C)
- 5+ years of software development experience.
- Experience with large consumer-facing mobile products.
- Experience working with UX Design, Product Management, Backend, and Data Science teams.
- Prior experience with Maps/Cartography or user experience experimentation
- Have published one or more iOS apps in the app store.
- Deep familiarity with Swift, Objective-C, and Cocoa Touch.
- Experience working with iOS frameworks such as Core Data, Core Animation, Core Graphics, and Core Text.
- Experience with third-party libraries and APIs.
- Working knowledge of the general mobile landscape, architectures, trends, and emerging technologies.
- Solid understanding of the full mobile development life cycle.