Manager, Physical Security
|Date Posted||May 10, 2022|
- To maintain a safe and secure environment for customers and employees by establishing and enforcing security policies and procedures; supervising the security guard force.
Key Responsibilities / Accountabilities
- Identify and evaluate threats, vulnerabilities and the potential impact of security breaches and mitigate same with appropriate measures.
- Evaluate the physical environment in the building and sites occupied by the bank to determine the suitability of measures implemented to protect people and assets.
- Define and Implement the rules and processes for controlling people’s access to the Bank’s premises.
- Spot security breaches and Assess the severity and respond in the appropriate manner.
- Develop the Knowledge and understanding of the systems and processes in place to monitor and control building access.
- Assess the appropriateness of the different types of intrusion detection systems and their application to the different types of premises that the Bank occupies.
- Understand the purpose and application of video monitoring devices and systems and of the components that make up comprehensive monitoring.
- Define and implement standards and specifications of different types of storage devices, safes and other secure facilities.
- Define and implement standards for security protocols related to close protection for selected individuals.
- Understand the procedures needed to respond to emergency situations including the alerting of authorities and the execution of first responder activities.
Minimum Qualification and Experience
- A First Degree or equivalent in Security Risk Management or any other related disciplines
- Postgraduate degree in Security / Safety management, Professional certification in Physical Security/ Information Security related field would be an added advantage
- Military or Paramilitary background and training will be an added advantage
- Minimum of 10 years Security management operations experience with at least 3 years in financial institutions
- Minimum of 7 years knowledge of security equipmentsm, constant self-improvement
- Adherence to policies, processes and procedures.