WARNING: Do not to pay any money to get a job. Please report fraudulent jobs to email@example.com
|Date Posted||October 29, 2020|
- The anticipated scope of the five-year project is to support USAID/Nigeria staff and partners to implement more efficient, effective, and transparent activities by improving: (1) USAID and Implementing Partner’s (IP) capacity to achieve expected results; (2) USAID’s understanding and tracking of activity and project performance; and (3) Mission and activity ability to collaborate, learn, and adapt (CLA). The anticipated award of this contract is Spring 2021.
- SI is seeking multiple full-time, Mid-Level Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) Specialists who will contribute to the implementation of activities for this project.
- The MEL Specialist should possess experience across the MEL spectrum, including conducting a variety of monitoring, evaluation, and learning activities. These positions will be based in Abuja.
- The MEL Specialist will serve on a full-time basis throughout the five-year year period of performance.
- Collaborate with the Senior Monitoring, Evaluation, and CLA Leads to contribute to the implementation of MEL activities. Help to support the integration of MEL into learning and continuous quality improvement efforts.
- Monitoring responsibilities: Participate in activity case studies, site visits to monitor activities, and conduct data quality assessments (DQAs). Conduct review of existing project- and activity-level MEL plans and recommend refinements to USAID / Nigeria’s MEL plan.
- Assessment/Evaluation responsibilities: Manage and/or participate on evaluation teams, including conducting data collection throughout Nigeria, data analysis, and report writing. Conduct and / or support analyses and assessments as needed, including but not limited to assessments for the midcourse stocktaking for the 2020-2025 CDCS and any successor CDCS, Political Economy Analysis, Gender Analysis, etc.
- CLA responsibilities: Support training USAID, Government of Nigeria, and implementing partner staff on MEL. Facilitate and/or support multiple learning events bringing together a variety of stakeholders.
- Provide timely inputs and quality deliverables for all assignments. Develop program recommendations based on qualitative and quantitative data. Develop dissemination plans for reporting and sharing findings with USAID / Nigeria. Other ad hoc MEL activities, as required.
- Master’s degree and a minimum of five years of relevant experience, or Ph.D. and four years of relevant experience.
- Demonstrated experience in development of MEL activities including: MEL plans at the activity and project level, monitoring activities, data quality assessments, evaluations, MEL training and capacity building, implementing learning agenda activities, as well as other MEL technical activities.
- Expertise conducting MEL activities in one or more of the following technical fields: 1) Economic Growth and Environment; 2) Education; 3) Health; 4) Peace and Democratic Governance.
- Knowledge of and hands-on experience with the USAID program cycle and evaluation policy.
- Excellent communication, writing, facilitation, and presentation skills.
- Fluency in spoken and written English required.
- Demonstrated ability to manage high-level relationships with partner organizations and implementing partners.
Method of Application
- Only candidates with Nigerian citizenship will be considered.
- Come join our energetic and innovative team! We offer you the opportunity to play a leading role in the growth of our company, work as part of a creative and committed team, and make a difference in the well-being of our world.
- SI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
- Only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview. Please, no phone calls.
Interested and qualified? Go to Social Impact (SI) on chp.tbe.taleo.net to apply