|Date Posted||March 1, 2021|
Oil & Gas
Green Energy for Nutrition and Health is seeking for a Solar/photovoltaic Mini-grid Project Manager to join its project in North East and North Central (NEC) Nigeria. Under the supervision of Regional Program Manager, the Solar Mini-grid Project Manager will carry out various technical tasks for off grid renewable energy electrification projects in NEC Nigeria. The job within the team will particularly focus on design, simulations, technical standards, bill of quantities and supervision of solar Pico, Micro and Mini grid from W to kW-scale. Some work on electrical distribution networks is also envisioned (I.e LV distribution network of 1 to 10KM radius).
The Solar Mini-grid Project Manager will work in the following areas, listed according to priority:
- Power plant design, optimization and simulation: carry out technical tasks, sometimes on individual basis and sometimes in a team. Component sizing, power plant design and dimensioning, electrical calculations, bill of quantities, schematics and drawings (some degree of AutoCAD or similar is expected) in stand-alone power plants. This includes but not limited to RE mini-grid plants, solar PV power plants, energy storage(Lithium batteries), control and monitoring systems, distribution of electricity.
- Owner’s engineering: Advisory services to Institutional and private Clients on project development, operation, and tender preparation and construction. Review and evaluation of technical and financial proposals by contractors including provision of support in the negotiations with winning bidders, coordination of grant disbursements and provision of technical assistance to the winning bidders.
- Construction management: Planning of Solar Pico to Minigrid construction and supervision, including eventual field work with the supervision of subcontractors for electrical, civil, mechanical work while keeping in view tight control of quality and timeline.
- Project proposal preparation: Support in preparing proposals, preparing technical methodologies, bill of materials, budgets and technical drawings for proposals.
- Other responsibilities as may be assigned
Who is the ideal Candidate
The ideal candidate for this position will have the following competences:
An Electrical Engineering degree/HND or similar, a Masters in engineering is a plus. Specific education in renewable energies including but not limited to sustainable energy and/or energy access for under-served and off grid population will be an advantage.
Previous Work Experience.
- Minimum years 3 of experience in electrical engineering is required with significant exposure in solar home installations and other sustainable energy sources is required.
- Experience in clean-energy generation and low voltage distribution lines is required. Previous experience as owner’s engineer is highly desirable.
Fluency in Kanuri, Hausa and English is required.
Excellent command in Microsoft Word, Excel and AutoCAD are required. Experience with simulation software i.e. HOMER, PV SYST is desirable.
Passionate about sustainable energy and committed to exploring the linkage be between energy as an enabler of improved service delivery in health care setting particularly in rural communities.
Ability to work with minimum supervision. - Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously. - Analytical skills, efficient designing and implementing of processes. -Methodical and well organized. - Ability and proven experience to think creatively, learn quickly and develop innovative solutions involving electrical and mechanical challenges.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV to email@example.com using the position as subject of email.
Interested and qualified? Go to forms.gle to apply