|January 1, 2023
- We are seeking an Operations Specialist to be directly responsible for Mevron and its success in Ibadan.
- The Operations Specialist position will require strategic thinking skills, exceptional interpersonal communication, solid execution, and the ability to work with teams across a broad range of experiential and cultural backgrounds.
- Mevron is a new company seeking individuals who want to grow and are willing to adapt to their working environment. The ideal candidate will possess exceptional long-term strategic planning abilities while being flexible enough to pivot in a rapidly changing business climate.
- The Operations Specialist will have the skills and confidence to help shape Mevron as we move deeper into the future.
The Operations Specialist will be directly responsible for all Mevron Ibadan operations, including but not limited to:
- Ensuring all city operations meet local and regional laws and expectations and are standardized to our global best practice philosophies where appropriate and directed.
- Initiating strategic improvement ideas and concepts, incorporating feedback to improve the platform, and implementing necessary changes or forwarding concepts to executive leadership that will promote a positive influence by Mevron throughout the region.
- Assist in making Mevron hardware and software applications operational, assisting in the product pricing strategy, and understanding key cultural or economic factors that could impact the product/service in Ibadan.
- Managing various teams of personnel, including Drivers and support individuals.
- Responsible for managing the fleet of Drivers/Trikers/Bikers to ensure availability to prospective Passengers during the initial launch and maintain adequate fleets throughout each day and week of operations.
- Train and Develop teams operating throughout each city, town, or region designated under the Operation Specialist's responsibilities. These teams could include city operation coordinators, associates, service providers (Drivers/Trikers/Bikers), local sales representatives, and marketing specialists.
- Customer service and support. The Operation Specialist will be responsible for a cheerful customer (Passenger) relationship with Mevron and its partners.
- Effectively manage the scope of a 6-month plan for Mevron to expand and grow throughout the region.
- Gather data, feedback, and other insights from Passengers regarding transportation, effectiveness, platform responsiveness, and other factors that will help Mevron drive success.
- Streamline communication and collaboration across multidimensional teams to maximize and optimize the efficiency of their different initiatives.
- Identify and define specific local user needs and requirements as well as preferences and be proactive in seeking ways to meet those needs and forwarding any concerns, thoughts, and ideas to Mevron leadership.
- Building, developing, and maintaining positive business relationships through networking, marketing, and partnerships will help boost Mevron as a viable and potent brand throughout the active region.
- Execute local marketing drives and strategies to increase bookings.
- Seek out various channels of vendors and other business partners, including but not limited to food delivery companies, local business providers, and other suppliers, to enhance Mevron's services and offerings to the general consumer public.
- Measure city performance daily using appropriate systems, tools, and techniques.
- Organize and participate in events to build community and boost brand awareness.
- Coordinate with Marketing, PR, and Communications teams to ensure brand consistency.
- The ideal candidate will possess relevant qualifications and a minimum of 3 years of working experience with at least two years in a direct managerial or ride-sharing operational role, including 1 to 2 years of experience with direct people management experience.
- Must be detail-oriented and data-driven to make sound business decisions and use critical judgment that places Mevron's needs and future goals as a top priority.
- Must take the initiative and be willing to work in a fast-paced, constantly changing work environment.
- Needs to be able to communicate and have strong organizational skills.
- Should have solid experience in creating and optimizing different processes.
- This candidate should be a self-starter with confidence and cheerful nature. In short, they should be a natural leader who can accomplish their goals.
- Should have the entrepreneurial spirit and a business owner mindset that can focus on any task and hit deadlines and targets, even if they require creativity and raw determination.
- The ideal candidate will also have experience in a related, relevant industry, including transportation, technology, delivery, or even cycling. This is not a requirement, but it is undoubtedly advantageous.
- Must accept and align with Mevron's vision, mission, and long-range goals.
- Proven work experience as an operation specialist.
- Experience launching community initiatives (e.g., building an online forum, launching an ambassador program, creating an event series, and writing an email newsletter).
- Hands-on experience with social media management for brands.
- Ability to interpret website traffic and online customer engagement metrics.