Quality Assurance Engineer – Offline Business
|Date Posted||January 3, 2023|
About the Quality Assurance Engineer Role
- The team is looking for a customer-focused, passionate, and committed tester, who will strive for quality and excellence in the company’s products as we grow and expand across Africa and beyond.
- As a test engineer, your primary responsibilities will be to design, plan, communicate and execute an automated testing strategy in a fast-paced environment while also maintaining the quality of the product, and assisting other team members where applicable.
- You will be a part of the development of our offline business, hence your experience in test POS applications will be of advantage.
What Your Day-to-Day Activities Will Be
- You should be comfortable working on multiple projects simultaneously and working in a fast-paced environment.
- Work closely with business owners and product managers to define requirements and develop detailed test plans and test scenarios.
- Create quality test cases while creating both positive and negative path scenarios.
- Execute testing and assist with automated testing where applicable.
- When a product does not perform within specifications or user experience, identify, recreate, and log defects while recommending solutions and improvements.
- Stay up-to-date with new testing tools and test strategies, by evaluating, learning, and implementing the tools to the benefit of the products.
- Participate in knowledge sharing with other QA team members.
- Perform any other duties that may be required.
Required competency and skillset to be a Waver:
- Proven work experience in software testing (Preferable in the Fintech space).
- Good knowledge of quality assurance terminology and methods.
- Good knowledge of database testing (performance and/or security testing is a plus)
- Good knowledge of any automated testing tools (Postman, Selenium, Cucumber…)
- Good, working, knowledge of SQL and scripting.
- Experience with test management tools (Jira, and/or Testrail)
- Strong oral and written communication skills and the ability to clearly articulate to all project members and stakeholders.
- Pays meticulous attention to detail.
- Good research skills.
- Good time commitment/management skills
- Self-motivated and willing to learn.