WARNING: Do not to pay any money to get a job. Please report fraudulent jobs to email@example.com
Required Qualifications and Experience
|Date Posted||August 12, 2021|
- Working under the overall guidance of the Chief of Mission, and the direct supervision of the Senior Resource Management Officer, Abuja and in coordination with the Head of Sub Office and other relevant Units, the successful candidate will be responsible for monitoring of the budgetary, financial, human resources and administrative functions of Lagos sub-office.
- S/he will also contribute to providing recommendations aiming at increasing effectiveness and efficiency of resource management in the Sub-Office Lagos.
Core Functions / Responsibilities
- Monitor financial management, particularly in the Sub-Office Lagos, including the oversight of financial expenditures and accountability. Undertake financial analysis of all activities in the assigned sub-office.
- Coordinate with RO Dakar and Brussels in preparation and endorsement of EUTF financial reports.
- Coordinate with senior management the preparation of donor financial reports in accordance with IOM regulations and established procedures.
- Assist in forecasting cash flows according to activities in the Sub-Office Lagos and ensure daily control of funds disbursed; verify that funding is received in accordance with donor agreements.
- Participate in the preparation and draft portions of the annual budget for the Mission and assist in the preparation of budgets for new programs.
- Inspect payroll versus budgets, ensuring that salaries are correctly allocated to projects consistent with IOM's projectization criteria.
- Make recommendations on procedural improvements and assist in training local staff in the relevant areas of administration and finance, in coordination with the RMO Abuja and other RM Units in Abuja.
- Assist in the supervision of the Sub-Office Lagos administrative functions, and other related activities, in accordance with the Organization’s policies and procedures.
- Monitor the implementation of procurement, logistics, facilities maintenance, asset administration, and transport support within established internal control mechanisms.
- Evaluate, monitor and update the database of vendor/contractor accreditation and evaluation status to ensure a pool of reliable vendors and contractors.
- Establish and monitor a tracking system of commodities, supplies, and equipment and project assets in the mission.
- Liaise with other internal functional units of the Mission, and support the supervisor in liaising with banks, donors and government counterparts and other stakeholders as required in the performance of the accounting function.
- Liaise with relevant units at IOM Abuja with regards to the financial and administrative activities of the Mission.
- Perform other duties as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Master’s Degree in Finance, Accounting, Business Administration or a related field from an accredited academic institution with two years of relevant professional experience; or
- University Degree in the above fields with four years of relevant professional experience;
- Professional certification as Chartered Accountant or Certified Public Accountant is an added advantage.
- Experience in related professional and managerial experience;
- Experience in financial management, accounting, and budgeting;
- Experience in budgeting and reporting for EU funded projects;
- Experience in the field of resources management, IOM project financial planning and budget revision management;
- Familiarity with financial oversight and public administration;
- Experience in liaising with governmental and diplomatic authorities as well as with international institutions;
- Audit experience highly regarded.
- In-depth knowledge of the broad range of migration-related subject areas dealt with by the organization;
- Knowledge of UN and bilateral donor programming;
- Good knowledge of human resources management;
- Knowledge of IOM’s regulations, policies and procedures preferred;
- Knowledge of International Public Sector Accounting Standards (IPSAS) and SAP highly desirable;
- Knowledge of IOM accounting systems, software, and procedures a distinct advantage.
- IOM’s official languages are English, French, and Spanish.
- External applicants for all positions in the Professional category are required to be proficient in English and have at least a working knowledge of one additional UN Language (French, Spanish, Arabic, Russian or Chinese).
- For all applicants, fluency in English is required (oral and written). Working knowledge of one of the IOM Official languages (French, Spanish, Arabic, Russian or Chinese) is an advantage.
- Proficiency of language(s) required will be specifically evaluated during the selection process, which may include written and/or oral assessments.
- Values - all IOM staff members must abide by and demonstrate these three values:
- Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
- Core Competencies – behavioural indicators level 2
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action-oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
- Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
- Managerial Competencies – behavioural indicators level 2
- Leadership: provides a clear sense of direction, leads by example and demonstrates the ability to carry out the organization’s vision; assists others to realize and develop their potential.
- Empowering others & building trust: creates an atmosphere of trust and an enabling environment where staff can contribute their best and develop their potential.
- Strategic thinking and vision: works strategically to realize the Organization’s goals and communicates a clear strategic direction.
- Internationally recruited professional staff are required to be mobile.
- Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
- This selection process may be used to staff similar positions in various duty stations.
- Recommended candidates endorsed by the Appointments and Postings Board will remain eligible to be appointed in a similar position for a period of 24 months.
- The list of NMS countries above includes all IOM Member States which are non-represented in
- the Professional Category of staff members. For this staff category, candidates who are nationals of the duty station’s country cannot be considered eligible.
- Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, accreditation, any residency or visa requirements, and security clearances.